Necron Allies Idea

Do you know the best way to beat that unbeatable 40k army? Well post it here and share the knowledge.

Necron Allies Idea

Postby Lord Krungharr » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:59 pm

For a more competitive angle, I'm considering making an Allied detachment of Necrons for my Chaos Marines. I was wondering about the Harbingers....someone told me they are HQs that don't count towards the FOC, is that true? Aren't those the guys with the teleport/re-deepstrike move each turn (Veils of Darkness)? I'm thinking that could be a cool thing to have with the 2 Troops in the Allies.

Or would having Warriors in a Nightscythe be better? Maybe one of each, gaussing vehicles all over and having a flyer to nail other flyers.

Then I could have a Doomscythe as a Heavy Support, and even some other nasty bastards, like Wraiths or Tomb Spyders w their twinlinked S6 blasts, or just a bunch of scarabs. I do have Traitorous Guard Allies, but they don't seem to have the punch I would like to have in an Allied detachment.

For the primary, I could have Typhus w Termies and maybe Huron, then 2 or 3 giant zombie units, maybe a Heldrake, and some Havocs w Quad Gun, possibly some Oblits too.
While much faster now, the Chaos Codex is still lacking in express Troops delivery, which is why the Necrons come to mind. Huron can help, but D3 infantry units limits the certainty of infiltration. If I got 2 then I could put Typhus w zombies far across the board, but if I only get 1 unit then the zombies could still get across the board faster than normal, whoopie!

Any thoughts?
Lord Krungharr

Re: Necron Allies Idea

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:48 pm

Your best bet would be to ally in 2 five man warrior units in Nightscythes at 165pts each and a Destroyer Lord with weave and mind shackle scarabs for 160pts. The Lord can ride in a Nightscythe. If you want to give the Necrons more points then you can start to make the warrior squads bigger or turn them into immortals.
Generalissimo_Fred

Re: Necron Allies Idea

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:02 pm

The Nightscythes are pretty cool looking, and don't they have a bunch of S7 shots too? That would be some good airsupport.
Those mindshackle scarabs are a pain in the arse to enemies too; seems like Tzeentch guys should have a power like that too (besides the Changeling) What's Weave do?

I saw a Doomscythe made from an Eldar gravtank of some sort and it looked really good, so maybe I'll hunt for some cheapo Falcons or whatever they're called. Or I could mold a croissant and cast a robot sandwich out of resin :mrgreen:
Lord Krungharr

Return to Tactics (40K)